Let’s face it, if you work in an office there comes a time for everyone on Friday afternoon when you get antsy. Whether your antsy-ness comes from a place of exhaustion from the week behind you or anticipation for the weekend ahead, a shockingly persuasive part of your brain is urging “I CAN’T SIT ANY MORE, GTFO OF HERE!”. But alas, you cannot. It is probably only about 2 or 3 o’clock (that is my peak fidgeting hour) and you are stuck daydreaming about what is calling to you post-work (your couch, drinks with friends, your couch, a friend’s couch, Fridays are hard sometimes and couches are soft…).
If you are like me, to get through the afternoon slump you try desperately to focus on work, start responding to emails, and then BOOM come out of an Instagram blackout having liked no less than 50 photos of different adorable animals! I follow so. many. animals. it’s unreal. My Moosebear (the name inspiration for this blog) is far away in Arkansas being his Goldendoodley self with my family so I fill the void by looking at other people’s precious pets, mostly puppins! To share the joy of these precious angels, I’ve put together a list of a few of my favorites:
- @thewilburglar -How could ANYONE deny that sweet face? Careful though, Wilbur tends to say inappropriate things for such a precious pup!
2. @deanthebasset -THOSE EARSSSSSS and wrinkly little legs! I can’t deal.
3. @walterthewolfhound -Look at the eyes on this gentle giant, he’ll surely help you get through the afternoon!
4. @nelsonthegoldendoodle -Walter’s brother Nelson, the cutest pair around! If that doesn’t make you smile I can’t help you…
5. @charlietheonemanparty -Look at those flowing locks, such a handsome good boy!
6. @wally_and_molly– If this Angora Bunny isn’t THE purest I don’t know what is! Thought I would throw in a bunny curveball here at the end.
This is only the very tip of the iceberg that is my love for animals on Instagram but I don’t want to overwhelm you! These are a great starting point for turning your Friday into FriYAY and, in my mind, is a productive way to spend your Instagram work blackout. Plus, it is WAY better than looking at photos of all your friends traveling while your stuck at a desk, am I right? Enjoy!!